[TenTec] Wanted ads- was "pet peeve"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Wanted ads- was "pet peeve"
From: kw0d@netexpress.net (Dave Kamp, KW0D)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 18:04:05 -0500
Hi Randy, et al...

You wrote re. placing 'wanted' ads:

>the respondents do feel that you are
>desperate and will pay a much higher than normal price for
>the item.

Just because someone responds, doesn't mean you're obligated to buy...

>I have done much better waiting for the next item to come up
>and believe it or not getting it off of Ebay.  The offers were that much
overpriced!

Ebay isn't immune to overpricing - the intent of ANY auction is to pit
buyers against eachother to yield the highest price.  I spent too many
years with my grandfather, sitting on the bench at the sale barn, watching
livestock walk through, and sucking on a popsicle.  Grandpa always said
that the best deals there... were the popsicles.

>Reminds me of the guy at the Indianapolis Hamfest that had a
>Kenwood TS-50 for sale.
>The thing looked rough and had no options.  The seller said he
>wanted $700.00 and really didn't care if it sold or not!
>Sine nice clean TS-50's can be regularly found for $450.00 to $500.00, I
passed!

Simply the case of a seller who either:

1) had no understanding of the value of his radio in the Amateur market...
   -- or --
2) knows exactly what a modified TS-50 is worth to a CB operator.

DK  :-)

73's from KW0D Dave in LeClaire, Iowa