[TenTec] Ju;iter/Pegasus RS232 Communication vs TCP/IP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ju;iter/Pegasus RS232 Communication vs TCP/IP
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 06:43:51 -0700 (PDT)
Dave,

Maybe I'm reckless, but I'd bet far more than a nickel
that your assessment about the hardware implementation
is essentially correct.

As for the need to restrict audio streaming bandwidth
I think it is a moot point, 100mb/s is more than
adequate to stream high fidelity audio around. And in
order for these kinds of techniques to become
generally accepted they must exceed what can be done
by traditional analog means. Even at a 192KHz/24 bit
sampling the raw data rate is still below 5mb/s.

While I like my small (and growing) herd of Pegasi
radios a lot, I fully realize that their level of DSP
horsepower won't ever be capable of this kind of
functionality. That said I'm convinced there are more
things a Pegasus/Jupiter could do if more firmware
development effort were put into it. However for the
really cool stuff I'm waiting for the Pegasus II :).

Duane
N9DG