[TenTec] Scout Transmit IMD was Omni,TS 850 transmit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Transmit IMD was Omni,TS 850 transmit
From: bstephens1@mindspring.com (robert k stephens)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:08:50 -0400
Tnx for your explanation. I'm beginning to understand that regardless of
what mic or EQ unit I buy, the Scout may not be quite capable of the crisp,
clean, top drawer communications audio that I desire. There is nothing
really wrong with the Scout's transmit ssb (it is after all only a small
inexpensive portable rig and I have been expecting too much from it) but I
would like something better. Eventually I'll want to upgrade to another rig .

 On the other hand it still is my understanding that the Scout produces a
not perfect but pretty darn good cw signal . My cw friends think I should
spend more time with the dits and dahs anyway <grin>

tnx
Bob KB1CIW

At 05:57 PM 8/24/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Well 50 watts is 3 dB down from 100 watts, but a -25 dB third orderTnx for
your explanation. I'm begining to understand that regardless of what mic or
EQ unit I buy the Scout may not be quite capable of the crisp clean
communications>intermod product is still 3 dB up from the third order
intermod product