[TenTec] Paragon vs Paragon II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon vs Paragon II
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 17:05:16 -0400
Travis:

I think that the  Paragon II included AM transmit capability (the
original Paragon will only receive AM). Also, the P II includes single
button band switching with band stacking registers, like the Omni VI.
The PII also has a serial interface for PC control.

I have the original Paragon. Some of these had problems with bad solder
joints on the PLL boards. This is not a catastrophic problem. Once I
fixed mine, it has been trouble free for many years. It is a fine swl
receiver. I have never had intermod problems with it.

                                73,

                                Bob WB2VUF