[TenTec] Re: Jupiter firmware problems...NOT! (SO!... )

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Jupiter firmware problems...NOT! (SO!... )
From: tongaloa@alltel.net (tongaloa)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:04:34 -0400
Perhaps I've not been clear.

I'm not asking them to take away from those who
like a complete package. I never said it was unethical
or unfair either.

All I am looking for is a copy of the source code and a
way to get my modifications running on the radio.

I contend that this will be good for TenTec and Ham radio
because of the large number of crossover computer hobbyists
who would like to play with radio software. Heck, someone
is going to do it sooner or later, and then TT will be in catch
up mode.

If they only offer one product,  a <$500 SHARC based
RX would be nice, I'll buy it. I believe that product would
sell many thousands and generate demand for a
complementary transmitter. Heck, there might be some demand
from the educational market with financial incentive from TI
as more programmers for a particular architecture will lead to
more sales.

The TAPR kit is nice, but it's both a hardware and software
project.

-Bob