[TenTec] confusion about 563 vs 564

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] confusion about 563 vs 564
From: wb9iog@revealed.net (MIKE SOUHRADA)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 20:32:44 -0500
Ron Pletter wrote:
> But I am finding folks posting to the list model 563 which was upgraded to
> option 3, and are calling it an Omni VI Plus.  Even the used/demo list from
> TenTec uses the teminology "Omni-VI factory upgraded to Omni-VI Plus" for a
> model 563.
 a model 563 with Option 3 upgrade now called Omni-VI
> Plus?  Or is the term being used loosely?

Ron as I'm saving my shekels for the Omni VI+. I've noticed the mis use
of the "factory upgrade" vs VI+ on frequent listings. Sometimes it's not
even clear what unit it is.
Frankly the upgrade version doesn't interest me at all and those who are
selling
the 563 probably want the best buck.
I understand with the full options (3) there is no difference
electronically,
but I could be wrong.
The term is not only being used loosely but in some cases misleads a
potential
buyer.

Mike
Iowa