[TenTec] Sad Day

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Sad Day
From: benk8dit@serv.net (Ben K8DIT)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:42:11 -0700
Fret not Cecil,
    Prolems with the digital readout are not uncommon. They are annoying to
be sure, but the thing to check is the board just behind the digital
readout.
It is either the electrolytic capacitor that buffers the two chips on the
bottom right on that board or one of the chips and the cap. has failed.
I dont have my corsair any longer so i cant be anymore specific. The
replacement chips and cap are not exotic and should be easy to find or
replicate. If you have never done this kind of work before, a reputable rf
tech can handle it. But if you dont know anyone locally, i'd send it to TT.
It shouldnt be very much money. Certainly a guy who finds 30 acres to live
on has a resourceful nature.