[TenTec] TT net on 7.288

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT net on 7.288
From: rcook@hiwaay.net (roger)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:33:13 -0600
I have Monitored the TenTec net frequently  since it has been on 7.288. I
have never had any type of problems or even heard the swbc stations. I live
in North Alabama and only have a dipole up at about 50 feet using the
Paragon receiver  Several of the fellows mention the swbc almost every time.
I'm just curious as to what is the difference, My poor antenna system,
Location, etc. There are very seldom anyone that checks that I have problems
copying. One thing that you mentioned is where the swbc originates. The
direction of my antenna null may be towards Havana
KO4O

> Wanted to check into the net last nite but a strong SWBC station on 7.290
is wiping you out.This station (Havana?) starts its interval sig at 2355 UTC
and signs on at 0000 UTC.While I can copy ur station 10/15 over,the splatter
smothers the weaker sigs.B/W of 1800 Hz and PBT of -350/400 helps
somewhat.While I realize clear freqs on 40 at nite are at a premium,maybe
the net should try to find a better one not so close to a SWBC station.