[TenTec] VIRUS WARNING

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] VIRUS WARNING
From: MW0CDO" <gw7lhi@hotmail.com (MW0CDO)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 14:45:01 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 4:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] VIRUS WARNING

> Bill:
>
> I too have received messages that were generated by a virus, unknowingly
> from what appears to be a legit sender.  Fortunately my ISP provides a
> service which scans all incoming messages and for those senders that are
not
> on my "approved" list automatically quarantines them for me to view before
> downloading to my computer.  Also, my Norton scans all outgoing messages
> that I send.
>
> I try my best to keep things clean and I do hope others exercise the same
> level of computer discipline.
>
> 73
> Bob K4TAX

Hi FGM's.

MS appear to have done an excellent job with OE6.
I've received dozens of mails with dodge attachments, and in every case been
warned about the unsafe nature of them by OE.
In fact, any attachment that is executable is considered to be a
threat and OE6 will not allow you to open or save the attachment.
Obviously you can open or save any attachment, but in order to do this with
something that OE6 deems unsafe you have to adjust it's security settings.

Paul MW0CDO.