[TenTec] RF in SSB on my Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF in SSB on my Omni VI
From: w2fca@cs.com (w2fca@cs.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:17:39 -0400
I can't speak for the VI, but I have an Omni V that had that problem. Sounded
like I was putting the audio through a guitar fuzz tone control. I wound up
unsoldering the audio line at the mike connector and slipping a few small
ferrites over the center conductor before soldering it back. Also did the same
with the audio connector on the back of the rig. Took care of all the problems
except when I use it to drive a transverter on 2 meters at high power. That may
require the ferritesright at the PC board end, too.

Frank
\W2FCA