[TenTec] Argo V Comments

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argo V Comments
From: kc4atu@yahoo.com (Bill ROWLETT)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:46:16 -0800 (PST)
You know, it is possible to look at any rig made and
find fault with it. So if the only thing you can find
fault with is the lack of a couple LED's which are not
needed and the lack of a tune switch, I say Ten Tec is
doing ok.

I have been using the Argonaut "V" for a couple weeks
now and find no problem with any of the functions you
mention. The lack of rec. audio and the power out
indication of the meter should tell you it is stuck in
tx. I have not found the lack of an indication that I
left the attenuator on is no problem because I seam to
be able to remember this on my own. I own an Argo 556
(the qrp Scout) and the lack of a tune switch like the
Scout's is no loss as you can do the same thing just a
different way.

If those minor things will keep you from buying one of
the better receivers out there, so be it. Your loss.

kc4atu