[TenTec] Argonaut V and PSK-31

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V and PSK-31
From: w8keb@1st.net (Ken & Linda Burrough)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:28:04 -0500
Hi All

First I want to thank all that sent things to check on the Argonaut V when I
was trying to get it on PSK-31 yesterday.  I got it going tonight using the
Ten-Tec Din cable with the five RCA plugs on it.  As it turned out my
computer sound card was set up for PSK, I had a BAD CABLE going to the sound
card.  When the Ten-Tec cable, Number 46176, would not get the Pegasus going
in PSK I knew it was time to get my new Radio Shack Gold-Plated Shielded
Cables out (Catalog NR 42-2607) but at their high price I did not want to
cut off one of the 1/8" Stereo jacks off and solder on the required RCA
Jack.

Again Radio Shack had what I needed, an adapter.  They sell 1/8" Stereo to
Mono RCA Audio Adapters and they work with the Argonaut V and Pegasus.

Radio Shack Catalog NR  274-387 for the Audio Adapter

Radio Shack Catalog NR 42-2607 for the sound card cables.  But they are too
high priced, I can't remember why I bought them last year, however they
work.

After almost 25 years in this hobby I still find the basic stuff gets me
every time.  I was sure the Argonaut V was not working, then I was sure the
computer sound card was bad, I almost installed my new, never used, Sound
Blaster.  As it turned out, the cable I was using from the sound card to the
Argo was open in the middle, it is in the trash now.

This Thursday will be one month with the Argonaut V, I hope to have an
update to post soon after with some comments on operating PSK-31 on the
Argonaut V.

Thanks Again.

Ken/w8keb
The Buzzard Roost
Flushing, Ohio
Outgoing mail Checked for Viruses by Norton AntiVirus 2002