[TenTec] FS: 3-500Z

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: 3-500Z
From: N4NT@charter.net (Mike Hyder -N4NT-)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 13:52:00 -0500
I have two 3-500Z tubes made in China by Pride and branded with big red
Ten-Tec logo.  Ten-Tec used them in their Centurion amplifier, but I ran
them in an old Heathkit SB-220.  One of these tubes developed a filament to
grid short.  The other one is in excellent shape.

These tubes have metal plates, not graphite.  They have vertical fins.  I
bought them from Ten-Tec in 1996.  They probably have 200-300 hours on them
and I run them easy (like 600 watts output from the pair -- CW only and I
don't have much to say).  I phoned Ten-Tec to see about buying one
replacement but it was gonna cost almost $200 for one tube, so I replaced
them both.  Now I have an extra to shed myself of.

$100 for either one you want or $102.50 for both.  Add to that maybe $5 for
shipping.

73, Mike N4NT