[TenTec] World's first transatlantic digi voice

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] World's first transatlantic digi voice
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 07:13:05 -0800 (PST)
--- john <johnmb@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Great! More digital noise in the bands. Just what we
> need!

With a sentiment like what I think that comment
represents, it is amazing that we still have any bands
at all to operate anymore!!!

Ponder:

Circa 1955 - "Great! More Donald Duck noise in the
bands. Just what we need!"

Circa 1930 - "Great! More voice signals in the bands.
Just what we need!"

Circa 1920 - "Great! More single tone pure CW signals
in the bands. Just what we need!"

Whether this particular mode is truly effective or not
for communications in the way that hams typically do
will need to proven over time. But to unequivocally
and offhandedly disparage it is counter to one of the
main "basis and purpose" definitions of ham radio -
see part 97.1(b).

Duane
N9DG