[TenTec] Pegasus Help!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Help!
From: emills@nycap.rr.com (Ernest Mills)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 14:40:17 -0500
I have a few problems with this unit. Hope someone can make sense out of =
it. :)
First off: Flash Firmware =3D 1.19.01/15/2002
GUI =3D 1.71b1
Box =3D Pegasus #550
Tuner =3D internal JDG P11

1)    I use this rig for digital only so not sure what the CW config is. =
 What is the "Enable Keying Loop" on the 'transmitter' window? I =
recently had a problem that showed no o/p when the "tune" button was =
pressed. The "Enable Keying Loop" was checked. (not sure how it got that =
way. Maybe default on new copy of software?

2)    I notice sometimes that although the FORward position on the =
power/swr meter seems to work ok (any way of damping that down a bit) =
during Tx, the SWR and REVerse displays Freeze. (no movement at all).  =
What is happening then?

3)    OK! main problem right now (hope it is finger trouble) is that on =
20m in autotune, I don't get that familiar relay prattle, nothing at =
all. It doesn't tune the radio.

4)    A possible related problem to 3) above might be that in Rx I hear =
relay noise now and again for what seems like no reason. Any ideas?

Hope someone can help me, thanks Ernie WM2U

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---