[TenTec] Pegasus line out

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus line out
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:29:29 -0800 (PST)
Paul has explained it well.

However one thing to keep in mind is that there are
some sound cards that do not like having both the
"left" and "right" inputs tied together without some
degree of DC isolation between them. The line out
arrangement on the Pegasus has 100 ohms between L&R
(tip & ring) so will quite likely avoid this potential
problem when using a simple stereo mini cable
extension.

If you do go that route I would go ahead and just try
it first, but if it doesn't work then dig a little
deeper and investigate what the sound card's behavior
is when L&R are tied together.

Either way I always use an isolation transformer to
reduce the chance for ground loops etc. So I shy away
from using just a simple cable regardless.

Duane
N9DG
EN53bj