[TenTec] New Argo V Firmware V1.01 Posted

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Argo V Firmware V1.01 Posted
From: n4py@qvssoftware.com (N4PY)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:43:04 -0500
I just took a look at the programmer's reference manual for the Argo V.
Two things surprised me.  The serial port baud rate is 1200 baud!
And different from the pegasus and jupiter, to set a different transmit and
receive frequency, you set vfo B to the transmit frequency, VFO A to
the receive frequency, and send a command to turn on split.  In the pegasus,
you just set a transmit frequency and a receive frequency.  Why is it that
every tentec radio has a different command set requiring unique programming
to control it?

Carl Moreschi  N4PY