[TenTec] Re: Jupiter Cooling Fan?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Jupiter Cooling Fan?
From: N4NT@charter.net (Mike Hyder -N4NT-)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 04:47:53 -0500
Hi, Gary--

I don't know why you asked me bout this.  I've not mounted a fan on a
heatsink, but I've given some thought as to a way to mount a fan to the
heatsink of a rig.  I'd probably try a small computer fan that runs on
12vdc.  You can probably get all you want at a place which repairs
computers -- just get a couple of power supplies from their trashcan.  You
could put rubber or felt feet on one edge of the fan and just sit it on the
desk behind the rig.

I keep thinking that a fellow could use some of those little plastic
expansion widgets that go into sheetrock.  Then a screw goes through a fan
mounting hole and into the widget.  What that might do is to expand the
widget to give it purchase on the fins.

Please report back to the reflector your success/failure with this or any
other method.

73, Mike N4NT