[TenTec] Re: Jupiter Cooling Fan?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Jupiter Cooling Fan?
From: WmLB@attbi.com (WmLB@attbi.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:14:01 -0800
Yes.  that was one of the two things I did last year when the Jupiter
finals went for reasons still unknown. (Was only running about 35 watts on
PSK31)  In addition to adding one of those quick acting circuit breakers in
the line from my power supply , I also added a cooling fan.The fan is an
inexpensive computer type axial cooling fan. I made a L shaped  piece of "1
x 2" wood and simply clamped it onto  the back edge of the shelf directly
above  and to one side of my Jupiter.  (small C-clamp) Calculated the
down-leg of the mounting structure so that the center line of the fan  was
centered on one side of the heat sink on the Jupiter. It is perhaps no more
then 2 or 3 inches away from the edge of the heat sink and blows through
the fins of the heat sink from one side to the other. It runs continuously
since it is powered from one of the accessory 12VDC jacks on the rig. Very
quiet.

Hope this helps...

Bill, W6WLB