[TenTec] Jupiter Audio vs. DSP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Audio vs. DSP
From: benk8dit@serv.net (Ben K8DIT)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:26:12 -0800
Gary,  Robert's explanation was excellent. Between your rush to 128 bit DSP
and Ed cooling his rigs with fans because he heats up the heatsinks, there
is a common thread there understanding the current technology and using the
gear at or near its limits and wanting more. That's a nice problem to have
in light of both your passion and what you do with your hobby.
The guys who've been in the ham hobby a long time generally look to get
things working better than engineered while the beginners among us look to
climb the learning curve and get our gear working for the first time, or
dependably once the initial challenge of putting your gear together as a
station. I commend you guys for hanging in there and sharing your expertise
so the rest of us may one day ham happily ever after. Thanks. Happy New
Year.