[TenTec] TT526: VHF/p Upgrade Modification - Has Anyone Tried This?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT526: VHF/p Upgrade Modification - Has Anyone Tried This?
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 09:38:40 EST
First, having given my 526 a good wring out against a good selection of the
competition, the 526 is a BASIC rig, not an incompetent rig. It lacks some of
the seldom used bells and whistles of some of the others, it does not cover
HF, etc., but it does do what it is supposed to do. Get down and dig for
signals on 6 and 2 Meters.

As such, it should do well for what you want to do. But speaking personally,
I would not drill holes in a nice rig. I would build everything I need to
change from straight through to transverter in a minibox, hook it to the 526
through a barrel connector, slip the changeover switch and lead to some
convenient location, and go.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E