[TenTec] A/B testing of radios

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] A/B testing of radios
From: ham@w3eax.umd.edu (Scott Rosenfeld [N7JI])
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 13:54:17 -0500 (EST)
I used to spend hours upon hours doing A/B testing.

Conclusion?

Unless you have a signal generator producing a stable signal of known
frequency and amplitude, fuggetaboutit.

Fortunately, I DO have a stable signal generator, and its output
amplitude is continuously variable.

No, I can't test for blocking DR or any of that stuff, but looking for MDS
and trying to discern when the signal totally disappears is really a lot
of fun.

And if you do it for too long, your ears start to bleed :)

--
Scott Rosenfeld  ARS N7JI
541-684-9970  Eugene, OR  Land o' much rain