[TenTec] Was:Orion, Late in coming; RE: service

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Was:Orion, Late in coming; RE: service
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:51:03 -0800
I don't find anecdotal comments about different companies service very
helpful (but then, you're probably not posting to help me, hi hi).  I am
a bit put off by some references to other manufacturers here, even when
they are responses to a troll.  A troll is a troll, those guys just have
their ways, they certainly don't get much of my attention.  However, I
do not want to slam other manufacturers products or service here.

Ten Tec does not need me to defend them, their products and service
stand for themselves.  Some guys make fun of Ten Tec, so what.
Engineers that I respect do not do that, so I pay no attention to silly
complaints.  However, engineers I respect also find some of the "other"
rigs to be quite well engineered, and their service perfectly fine.

I could post my anecdotes about our West Coast Kenwood Service Center
giving me free advice and parts to fix my old TS-440, true, but so
what?  I can also post about how well I get treated by Ten Tec (yes,
much quicker and easier on average, to be sure), but it is only
anecdotal.

I just want us to keep the criticisms of other manufacturer's parts and
services out of here.  That is my desire.  I have no power here, just my
request.  I believe the Ten Tec rigs and service can stand for
themselves.  They don't need us to somehow take the other guys down a
notch.

There, I feel better.  Back to work.

Clark
WA3JPG