[TenTec] Orion - cooling fan

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion - cooling fan
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:46:51 -0600
No fan, darn right, it's not needed.  Therefore there's no hmmmmmmm.   The
transmitter is rated at 100% duty cycle with a 20 minute limit.  As I see
it, one must be a "real windbag" to eat up that much time.  Now us AM'ers
may get a bit long winded but CW and SSB modes aren't anywhere near 100%
duty cycle.  My experience is that typically the PSU is the one that needs
the blow job to keep cool.  That's why I only use switching PSU's on my
rigs.  (Except for my AM rig.  See my call on QRZ.com.)

73
Bob, K4TAX