[TenTec] Omni-C

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-C
From: jh.graves@verizon.net (John Graves)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 21:56:08 -0500
Ken,

The sidetone is very fuzzy, not a pure tone.  After a few minutes it just
goes away.  If I turn the rig off and then on, it will reappear for a
while.  Very strange.

Thanks for your remarks on sensitivity.  There are not any filters in the
rig.  What I hear is usually the same signal (especially on 40) as I do on
my TS-140, but the level compared to the noise floor is less.  I loose the
low level signals that are closer to the noise floor.  On the other hand,
the audio filter really cleans the signal up.  It does seem as though the
noise floor is higher on the Omni-C than on my 140.

If you can have the manual copied, let me know the cost.  I can also buy a
copy from Ten Tec for $25.  I don't know how many page there are?  I was
hoping for a spare manual to turn up.

Thanks,

John G
WB1EHL