[TenTec] Omni VI Resistor circuit locations

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Resistor circuit locations
From: adb1x1@yahoo.com (Anthony Bowyer)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 05:29:53 -0800 (PST)
An early post by KL7HF concerning the Omni VI 2nd
order IMD mod:

Locate the PBF/Front End Board, and remove. (Bottom
under the shield.) Identify R-14, a 470 ohm resistor
immediately adjacent to connector 24. Remove and
replace with a 220 ohm resistor.
Now - with the board positioned to where the resistor
you just changed is next to you, and with the
connectors 18 and 17 to you left, look for another 470
ohm resistor directly to the left of connector 24.
There will be three others between it and connector
24.
Remove that resistor and replace with a jumper.
That is all there is. The second resistor is not
marked, so is a bit hard to tell you where it is, with
out a picture!
Good Luck.  de KL7HF

Could someone on the list with an Omni VI manual do me
a big favor? I'm trying to find out where R-14 (470
ohm) and the other 470 ohm resistor mentioned above is
in the circuit on the band pass board. I thought it
might be benificial to make this change on an Omni V,
but the part designations and board layout is a bit
different. Of course, it might be different enough on
the V so it can't be done anyway, but thought I'd take
a look. I assume this mod changes the bias on the
switching diodes for the band pass filters.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Anthony

=====
NT4X