[TenTec] [OT] Metal Roof as Ground Plane

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] [OT] Metal Roof as Ground Plane
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane A Calvin)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:49:16 -0600
Mark,
        Quite often, metal roofing is not electrically bonded well from
one section to the next.  So, your results may be good or very bad.  I
tried it once on an old farm house with a flat metal roof on one newer
addition.  It was horrible.  I had to run radials before it became
useful.  So, if it's not too difficult, try it and hope it works, but if
it doesn't then you'll have to decide whether you want to run radials, or
relocate it to where radials will work better (ground-mounted.)

        73, Duane