[TenTec] dealer networks

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] dealer networks
From: rckchp@comcast.net (rich a.)
Date: Fri Jan 31 09:19:35 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "no body" <ku3g@yahoo.com>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 8:39 AM

> yes, i can rememver a store near fort monmouth nj that had an Omni c i
believe and a few other ten tec products,

> 73's john ku3g,

That was Atkinson & Smith in Eatontown, NJ.....I bought my first swl
reciever there in 1960, a used Hallicrafters S40B. I got my first license in
1962 and Atkinson & Smith's was like an electronics/ham radio "candy store"
to a teen age kid. The really neat thing was they took in trades of used
gear for new sales and all the used gear was set up on a long shelf with
power and antennas available for on air tryouts. I got to sample lots of
otherwise unobtainable radios in those days. I upgraded from the S40B paired
to a homebrew 6L6 cw xmitter to a new Hammarlund HQ-145 and a used Knight
T-50 xmitter, both bought at A&S. In 1978 (9?) I bought a new Century 21 and
matching accesssories from A&S......I still have it . Sadly, they closed up
many years ago.

Rich  K2CPE