[TenTec] Public Opinion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Public Opinion
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen, Esq.)
Date: Tue Feb 4 15:36:34 2003
> I do not know of a major Software project in industry that has not fallen
> badly behind, or caused anguish due to bugs, (can anyone say "Windows"?)

And the same is true for Yaesu, ICOM and Kenwood, and nearly every other
amateur radio manufacturer....only we do not know of their
missed production dates, because we are deliberately kept in the dark.

For example, where can I find all the copious notes and open details concerning
ICOM's latest "hush-hush" project, the IC-785?  The
fact of the matter is that none of us are privy to any information concerning
the pre-release of any Japanese amateur product.  The
reason is simple...they know that pre-released information breeds the same
mis-information as we're seeing now on the reflector.
Ten Tec could have elected to withhold the information....they
didn't....perhaps they should from this point forward as they're
damned by the Tec-Tec community for missing dates.

To be sure, the Japanese companies have all repeatedly missed their equipment
productions dates.  Only....none of them knew any
better because we're kept in the dark.  And, if we're kept in the dark, then we
don't know of the missed dates.  And, if we don't
know of the
missed dates, guess what?  We have nothing to cry about.  Hmm....maybe Ten Tec
really should keep all new product information
confidential.

In any event, time will tell all...

Paul, W9AC