[TenTec] Public Opinion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Public Opinion
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Tue Feb 4 15:00:14 2003
Bob,
The devil is in the details!   TT has acknowledged software issues are
holding up the Orion.  That is common with most new products in this world.
In the meantime, the Argonaut V is selling like hot cakes, and is back
ordered for months, so cash is flowing to TN.

I do not know of a major Software project in industry that has not fallen
badly behind, or caused anguish due to bugs, (can anyone say "Windows"?)

Software is the Achilles heel of modern designs; when they stopped teaching
students to flow chart their programs, I knew we were doomed :-).  We have
hardware projects that were finished and worked years before the
accompanying software was bug free or done.  But, its called research and
DEVELOPMENT, and the recurring cycles keep us busy in defense sector.

Have faith, hams today should have had to live with receivers like my first
ham receiver, an S38D.  Then, they would appreciate and wait for modern
designs with DSP and the other bells and whistles we could not even dream of
in 1957.
73, Stuart
K5KVH