[TenTec] Argo 5 - like it or not?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argo 5 - like it or not?
From: jdanehy@cinci.rr.com (jim danehy)
Date: Thu Feb 20 12:44:17 2003
Mike

I noticed your comments about the Argo 5.

I had one for a couple of weeks and returned it.

Let me know if you have a separate receiver and can make this experiment.

Using a separate receiver to monitor your the note of the Argo 5. . . . place
VFO A  on 7030  and VFO B on 7035. It makes no difference which is transmit
frequency. Key the rig at 30 wpm. Let me know if you can detect a change in the
keying ?

Place the Xcvr (Argo 5) in transceive (just using one VFO). Transmit at 30 wpm
and monitor in an external receive your transmit signal. While listening to the
transmit and while keying, change the BW narrower and narrower and see if there
is any difference in the note . . .  keying at 30 wpm  . . monitor in separate
receiver (external) and keep turning the BW (filters) narrow from wide to
narrow. .

Thanks for letting me know what your hear.

73

Jim W9VNE