[TenTec] Argonaut V mic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V mic
From: thornton_tr@yahoo.com (Thomas Thornton)
Date: Sun Feb 23 23:05:07 2003
Agree with earlier postings that the mic is not up to
the rest of the radio.  My ALC doesn't seem to be
consistant -- more importantly though, if I put it
anywhere beyond 9 o'clock I get reports of overdriven
audio.  My Scout always operated with this control at
3 o'clock which would seem logical as that is about
2/3 to 3/4 of the gain -- but the ALC light on my 516
flashes even when the control is set at 8 o'clock.

Would appreciate the experiences of others.

73 and aloha

Tom  ah6zz