[TenTec] Tested: 1.8 filter definitely not engaging, ideas?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tested: 1.8 filter definitely not engaging, ideas?
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Fri Feb 28 10:34:15 2003
Tim and the list -

This sounds like a simple jumper "mod" I did once to give me sweeter
(wider) audio from use of the single 9 MHz IF filter.  You might
carefully check around the base of the filter for a small resistor and
cap across the active leads jumpering the filter.  This sounds like a
good avenue since you mention you can remove the 1.8 filter to no
effect.  This indicates to me that either 1) there is a jumper; or 2)
the NAR button is inoperative.

Good luck.

Clark
WA3JG