[TenTec] Orion at Charlotte

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion at Charlotte
From: wb8yqj@yahoo.com (Don Rasmussen)
Date: Sat Mar 1 22:16:52 2003
> I played with the Orion at Orlando.  I had to wait
> until late afternoon ( I returned to the booth
> numerous times) because of the crowds.  No antenna
> but they did have the Heil Studio One mic connected.

I don't get it. TenTec was good enough to respond to a
couple of my emails last week and was just emphatic
that Orion does not sound anything like the current
crop of DSP based transceivers - any of them - that it
sounds like the best analog receivers even in narrow
CW modes.

The rig comes to Charlotte this close to release of
the transceiver and... no antenna again. You would
think they'd want people to hear it.

Enquiring minds...

73,
de WB8YQJ