[TenTec] Radio Shack 25 amp switching supply?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Radio Shack 25 amp switching supply?
From: ham@w3eax.umd.edu (Scott Rosenfeld [N7JI])
Date: Mon Mar 10 16:26:17 2003
Not to mention that any device CAN be made nearly completely free of
emissions...by building a gaussian surface around it.

Sure, you have to bond every panel to each adjacent panel, but it can be
done.  Once this is done, the number of "holes" in the "shell" will
determine how much RF gets to the outside, as does how well the "shell" is
grounded (to a true ground - remember, at RF, power ground <> earth
ground).

There is still the issue of conducted RF, carried on the output leads
and possibly on the input leads.  It seems to me that by putting an
RF choke on the input AND output as close to the supply as possible,
you're pretty much giving the RF energy nowhere to go without a its
putting up a serious fight.

That said, I have one of these RS supplies and will try out the RFI
suppression as soon as is practical.