[TenTec] "Remember, it's a computer."

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "Remember, it's a computer."
From: ken.d.brown@verizon.net (Ken Brown)
Date: Fri Mar 14 16:45:47 2003
I have never had that level of success with any version of windows on
any machine. The most reliable system I have used is whatever it is that
is running at the office. We have a systems administrator that keeps it
going. Perhaps if I was a "computer guru" or wanted to become one, I
could get windows on my home machine to be equally reliable. I think the
point is that most people would like a system to be reliable right from
the start. In other words the default settings should result in a system
that does not periodically crash for no apparent reason. I have not
found that to be the case with windows. Therefore I consider computers
running windows to be curious toys rather than serious tools. I will not
own a radio that depends on windows to use it. ...Yes it is only a
hobby, and it could be argued that my radios are just toys too.
Nevertheless I want my radio to be more reliable than I have experienced
window to be.

Ken N6KB