[TenTec] Orion/AL-1200 QSK -- Hard lesson #1

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion/AL-1200 QSK -- Hard lesson #1
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 09:05:33 2003
Well, this thread has me scratching my head a bit.

I no longer use my AL-1500 with the QSK kit, but my Orion works quite well
with the single TX relay line connected, while the Centurion does just fine
with the
usual TenTec keying loop on output 2. (Yes, I do intend to add a Titan III.)

>From experience I expect the AL-1500 will work as well on the Orion as it
ever did on the various Omni's and brand X's I used with it.

I suspect the operating principle here should be to remember the KISS
principle. Radio builders usually build rigs for the general ham population
so the reminder on the engineering department wall says Keep it Simple,
Stupid.

Not that the staff follows the rules but if simple doesn't work reading the
instructions usually does.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E