[TenTec] Fw: Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: Orion
From: jmerrill1@adelphia.net (John L Merrill)
Date: Fri Apr 4 06:46:36 2003
950sdxs and 850s had fsk.

John N1JM

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Tom A
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 5:51 AM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fw: Orion

Boy..I may be getting senile but I recall when I owned my TS-930s (before I
got my Omni-V) they claimed "FSK" and had a TTL keying level but when you
examined the schematic they were just feeding fixed tones into the balanced
modulator...that's AFSK in my book.  I think the 940/950's did that as well.