[TenTec] Fw: Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: Orion
From: K9RB@bellsouth.net (Roger Borowski)
Date: Fri Apr 4 09:45:08 2003
Jim, Not a thing IF everything with the AFSK setup is operating properly.
Unfortunately, that is not always the case and unlike SSB, where someone
will tell you about hum or hiss or RF on your audio, with AFSK you just
don't make contacts because your signal may be difficult, at best, and
impossible at worse, to copy. With FSK always delivering the proper tone
shifts and not utilizing the microphone audio stages, copy is always
reliable. I can usually detect the difference between AFSK and FSK by the
more critical tuning required for AFSK, even at its best. 73, Rog-K9RB
PS: Maybe this tread has gotten away from the Ten-Tec reflector purpose, and
if that is true, someone speak up or just reply to me privately and  I'll be
happy to reply privately also, but I think we've already covered all there
is about AFSK vs. FSK and I apologize to those many with no interest in this
subject/tread. My e-mail address is K9RB@arrl.net