[TenTec] Hello Orion Users

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hello Orion Users
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Mon May 5 12:26:55 2003
> Unless you are doing serious contesting, I tend to agree
> with N4PY that they may not be necessary.  However, I'll
> probably order Inrad's 400 Hz filter, but not the 1800 or
> 250 Hz filters.

This raises an intersesting question. Given that these filters are now used
as roofing filters rather than as IF filters, will the Inrad 400 Hz filter
work properly when the Orion is expecting a TT 500 Hz filter? My
understanding is that the Orion automatically switches among the available
roofing filters to achieve optimum performance in conjunction with the DSP
settings. I would think that it might not be optimized for other filter
parameters, or can one customize the Orion to the specs of the installed
roofing filter?

73,
Mark