[TenTec] OMNI D hand capacitance effects on tuning

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI D hand capacitance effects on tuning
From: geraldj@isunet.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Thu May 8 11:03:59 2003
Ground the PTO shaft. In my Corsair II, there's a wire spring, maybe one
or two turns in a flat coil and an end maybe an inch long that wipes on
the PTO shaft. I'm sure Tentec put that there intentionally. You could
make one with some .2 mm piano wire in seconds. You need to remove the
front panel to install it. Likely someone did a PTO rebuild and left it
off, and the screw hole is present for mounting it again.

73, Jerry, K0CQ

--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer.
Reproduction by permission only.