[TenTec] Orion headphone jack

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion headphone jack
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu May 8 16:55:28 2003
I downloaded the manual for the Orion today, and one of the first things
that struck my eye was a stern warning that plugging a mono phone jack into
the headphone jack will damage the audio amplifier due to shorting one of
the channels.

Wat's up with this -- is this typical of TenTec transceivers?  The Kenwood
and Yaesu transceivers I have now - one 17 years old - are protected
against this easy-to-make mistake.  How can the Orion not be?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 11 April 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm