[TenTec] RX 340 or Orion......that is the Question?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX 340 or Orion......that is the Question?
From: wmarvin@hickorytech.net (Bill KB9IV)
Date: Thu May 8 17:24:06 2003
Hi Everyone,

I'm in a dilemma (a nice one). I'll soon have the money to buy a used RX 340
or a Orion.  I do much more listening
than talking, for those who have an Orion and used a 340.......which is
suited better for receiving. Being the 340
is a stand alone receiver are there any benefits gained? I do allot of SWL &
BCB Dx'ing too.
To Jim in Hawaii, a guru on the 340 email me any observations, good/poor on
the radio.  I can't find much info
on either radio..........where the rubber meets the road.  Features in use
are very important to me.
Any one can  email me with their opinions or post them, all are welcome!

Very 73,

Bill  KB9IV

wmarvin@hickorytech.net