[TenTec] Orion SWR protection

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion SWR protection
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri May 9 01:45:57 2003
I'm reading through the manual and can't find a specification or other
description of how the protective circuitry works in the event of excessive
SWR.  The reason this is important is that my QSK-modified SB-220 has
fairly high input SWR on one band (40), and I have not been successful in
fixing this.  It otherwise works fine, and my TS-930 doesn't care, while my
Mark 5 folds back its output power too much to get full output from the amp
on that band without using the antenna tuner.

At what SWR does the Orion start to reduce its power output?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 11 April 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm