[TenTec] Amp tuning (was Orion Question)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Amp tuning (was Orion Question)
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Tue May 13 17:44:15 2003
I've found the best way to tune a TT amp in the TT keying loop is to just
put the exciter on cw, and use a keyer to send a string of dits while
adjusting the amp tune and load.  much quicker and more accurate than using
the Tune button to hang a carrier.

73,
Rob Atkinson
K5UJ
k5uj@hotmail.com

General note:

I hope no one is insulted by my mentioning that your band neighbors will
love you if you tune ur amp into a dummy load, tune ur transmatch with a swr
analyzer, & switch the amp to the antenna & do a quick tweak instead of
doing all the tuneup "live."