[TenTec] BSR fond memories and mikes

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] BSR fond memories and mikes
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 16 22:59:19 2003
Stuart, if  Zenith ever made a 45 only  it has escaped notice. The only
popular 45' only turntables were RCA's and later on some JA copies.  Most of
the real Bloomington made RCA's had a red spindle top, most of  the copies
were puce.

Zenith came out with a magnetic pickup 78 in, oh gosh, 1936 or '38 or
somewhere along there.  Wurlitzer and Seeburg promptly adapted the
"Cobramatic Cartridge" to their classic jukeboxes, because Java Jive and the
other pre-vinyl records lasted much longer with the magnetic cartridge.

When the 16.66 RPM "talking books for the blind" were proposed and Columbia
was threatening to introduce the 33.33 LP Zenith adapted their 78 to
continuously variable speed.  With an "almost never worked" adapter for 45's.
Which was one reason the little plastic inserts for 45's were so popular.

On mike, yes I have a few friends in the callused fingertip set. And they are
getting to the point that real rochelle salts crystal mikes are in high
demand. The really good ones, the ones that cost as much as thirty of forty
bux in the '50's are going for a scandalous price.

 Personally, I tried a git box one time. It didn't survive getting rolled on
by my horse. So I will stick to my Stomach Steinway. And my various radios

73 Pete  Allen  AC5E