[TenTec] The Orion Odyssey and Watch

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The Orion Odyssey and Watch
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Fri May 16 23:12:49 2003
You guys probably won't believe this, but you are reading the words of the
original inventor of the Jack Armstrong Truth Detector!!

When I was about 9 or 10 - really don't remember - I got this idea from an
article I read that said that one's temperature goes up slightly when one
lies. so, I fabbed up a box with a strip of cellophane or something hanging
loose near an opening on one side where you would place your finger pad. The
heat of your finger would cause the material to contract and thus to move
outward.

I wrote all this up and sent the little model to General Mills and they
responded that it was a great idea and that they would be offering it as an
official Jack Armstrong "prize." Obviously, they took the basic idea and
built a working (?) device from it.

So, now you have the "rest of the story."

Bet you didn't know that the Yellow Rose was doing stuff even back then!

Glad you got it, Jim . . . now, let's hear all about it!

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13QE
"In the 57th year and it just keeps getting better!"
<mailto:w5yr@att.net>