[TenTec] Rock-bound & snivlin' (was 60M)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rock-bound & snivlin' (was 60M)
From: doconnor@chartermi.net (Dennis O'Connor)
Date: Sun May 18 20:07:54 2003
Hmmm....  Come on guys, stop squabbling and prove you actually did pass a
technical exam to get your license...  If the quote below from Dave's message
is correct, the regulation is already flawed and every person using one of the
assigned frequencies will be a pirate... (jeez, am I the only one awake on
here?)

QUOTE:
on
the channels 5332 kHz, 5348 kHz, 5368 kHz, 5373 kHz, and 5405 kHz. Amateur
operators shall ensure
that their transmission occupies only the 2.8 kHz centered around each of
these frequencies.
UNQUOTE

So now me hearties, shiver me timbers and explain to me parrot how the upper
sideband of a suppressed carrier on 5405, for example, will occupy 2.8 kc,
centered around 5405?  i.e. between 5403.6 and 5406.4?

Denny  <snicker>