[TenTec] Orion Software v1.341

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Software v1.341
From: k8mn@earthlink.net (Dave Heil)
Date: Sun May 18 05:02:28 2003
Carl Moreschi wrote:

> I find on my Orion that I have to put the monitor audio at 100 just to get
> adequate audio.  I don't have any extra.

Are you using a Heil microphone element or some other mike with lower
output?  Does the RF output you see seem a bit stingy?  There is a
microphone gain compensation pot located on the bottom panel just behind
the "MIC/PH/CW" jacks.  It is accessible through a hole in the panel.
You might find that increasing the gain setting cures both the stingy
output and monitor level problems.

Dave Heil K8MN