[TenTec] Orions, IC-7800s...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orions, IC-7800s...
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed May 21 21:37:37 2003
> Does anyone know now the DSP resources are allocated
> on the Orion?

There are three processors in an Orion:  two 32 bit DSP,
and,  if I understand Doug Smith's design description about
the Orion (Ten Tec web site),  each of these is assigned
to one of the rcvrs,  main and sub.  But that may not be
correct, no where can I find Doug talking about parallel
processing with the two 32 bit units.  Also,  we don't know
the speed of the data processing.

The third processor is a Motorola Dragon Ball unit;  this
handles all the front panel/software control functions and
the sweep display.  It is the Dragonball gadget which
does not have the horsepower to provide a sweep
display mode for the subrcvr.

73,  Jim  KH7M